Feel Safe with Us
As the whole world is adapting to a new normal, we want to make sure that we continue to offer our guests the absolute best safe experiences in these changing times.
We are truly fortunate that besides the beautiful fresh Cumbrian air, The inn at Grasmere was built with lots of dining and lounge space for you to enjoy. Our large ground floor has lots of areas for you to unwind, be that looking out to the Village taking some ‘you time’ in our lounge, or savouring a bite to eat in our Glass house Conservatory or Patio area looking onto the beautiful fields & fells, we also have our 1769 Bar & Restaurant dining area open for hearty meals after a long day up the fells.
At The Inn at Grasmere we want to help make your experience as safe and as enjoyable as possible. We all have a part to play by taking personal responsibility, to follow Government guidelines. And at the Inn we’re taking a responsible approach too, with robust hygiene measures that go above and beyond the Government recommendations. And we’re reassuring you that we have taken an entirely sensible approach to how we run our hotel with our ‘Inn Wellbeing’ programme; designed to protect both you and our colleagues, so we can deliver a safe and enjoyable stay for all.
A warm welcome awaits you in the Heart of the Lakes at The inn at Grasmere. A true destination for people who value time together – now more than ever.
Worry-free cancellations for all individual bookings until end of 2020
We want to alleviate your travel worries, even those long-term ones!
Until the end of this year, all individual Quay Hotel & Spa reservations come with free cancellation – that’s for any stay and spa treatments with dates up to and including 24 December 2020.
For all bookings made directly with us you can cancel or modify your stay up to 24 hours before arrival.
If you booked directly with us, you can change or cancel your own reservation by phoning reservations team on +44 1492 564100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note if you booked via other channel such as online travel agents, the cancelation terms may vary, to cancel please contact them directly – you’ll find their details in your booking confirmation email.
Please note: the free cancellations apply only to individual bookings. Different rules apply to group (4+ rooms) and meeting room bookings. Please refer to your group or meeting room reservation emails for more details and contact options.
YOUR QUAY WELLBEING
At The Quay we’ve always put the wellbeing of our guests first. It’s just one of the ways we make sure everyone who stays with us has an unforgettable experience. And, now we’re ready to welcome you back into our hotel, we want you to know that your health, safety and wellbeing is more important to us than ever.
We’re proud to introduce our Quay Wellbeing programme – a carefully crafted range of new safety measures to make sure every moment of your stay is a safe one to enjoy. From meticulous deep cleaning of bedrooms to our thoughtful social distancing measures inside and outside the hotel.
But of course, we’re all in this together. To keep everyone safe, we need your help too. Washing hands and keeping a social distance from other guests who are not in your party are as important here as they are in the outside world. We’re very grateful to our guests for helping to keep everyone healthy and safe.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR STAY
We’re confident that we’ve left no stone unturned in ensuring the health and safety of everyone who comes to stay with us. Here we outline the key measures we have put in place throughout your time with us. We simply ask that you stay mindful of these important measures during your stay and if you have any specific questions, our staff will be happy to assist.
BOOKING EXPERIENCE AND PRIOR TO YOUR ARRIVAL
- We’ll call you and talk you through the new measures and answer any questions before you arrive
- We will follow this call up with an email reminding you of our hygiene measures along with details of how you can get in touch with us during your stay
- We’re creating a cashless environment so we’ll deal with credit card pre-authorisations and take payment all at time of booking, secured with our flexible cancellation terms
- We will also ask for your check-in time so we can minimize arrivals during peak periods
CHECK-IN AND OUT EXPERIENCE
- Discreet digital check-in without the need to fill in a registration card
- Key cards sanitised prior to issue
- Lift limited to two people, enhanced cleaning with sanitiser available within the lift
- Express checkout encouraged with contactless payment available
- Hand sanitiser is available in all main hotel areas and enhanced public area sanitising is in place
- Visual guides and directional signage to help you maintain social distancing
- All our staff will wear the necessary personal protective equipment at all times relevant to their task and in line with UK Hospitality guidelines
- Daily temperature check on all our colleagues will be implemented
- Where possible we will segregate corridors with barriers and one-way systems
- Robust and heightened cleaning procedure in place for all public areas, particularly around peak times and you’ll find sanitising stations available in key areas throughout the hotel
- All our colleagues are fully trained in our Quay Wellbeing programme and safety measures, and will wear the necessary personal protective equipment at all times relevant to their task and in line with UK Hospitality guidelines
- Daily temperature check on all our team members will be implemented
- Regular deep cleaning and sanitising public area toilets
- Regular sanitizing all public areas using Electrostatic Spraying
- Back of house areas will have the same levels of cleaning and sanitising as our public areas
- Hugely enhanced bedroom cleaning focusing on sanitisation with Electrostatic Spraying
- We have reduced the number of rooms per housekeeper, to ensure each room is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected
- To minimize contact rooms will not be cleaned during the guests’ stay
- The option to service your bedroom is available
- Wellbeing kit will be in your room, containing hand sanitizer and antibacterial wipes
- All advertising collateral has been removed from our bedrooms
- All display cushions and throws have been removed
- Welcome letter from hotel General Manager, (in a sanitised frame naturally), with key information and a link to a handy website with all the relevant details.
- We will also introduce a clever guest communication tool, so you can make any request directly from your favourite messenger service, from WhatsApp to SMS directly from your mobile device
FOOD & DRINK
- Method in place to order food & beverage digitally hence reducing unnecessary interaction
- Controlled numbers in our dining areas to adhere to social distancing guidelines and to reduce service activity
- Option of in room dining available, delivered to your door in disposable packaging
- All condiments are now provided in sealed jars & sachets
- Disposable menus used
- No buffets or bar service in operation. All food & beverage served to you directly with a big smile
- Room charge only – no credit card or cash for food & beverage
- Enhanced kitchen cleaning measures and social distancing in our kitchen
- External produce delivery and social distancing is managed with best practice to ensure guest and team safety
- Our restaurant and bar are currently closed following Government guidelines, we expect to re-open them from the 3rd August. We are offering in room dining, and weather permitting dining on the terrace.
- Currently our Spa and leisure facilities are closed
- We will be following Government guidance as and when this is issued
Never miss news about offers, promos, vouchers and other information from us. Subscribe to our newsletter and be informed!